Powerful forces are reshaping the financial industry. Proliferation of digital technologies, lack of trust, arrival of new generations, regulatory requirements, demographics and economics are together creating an imperative to change. Banks and Insurances need to know, understand and get ahead of these challenges and retool to win in the next era. Therefore, inspired by the wonderful book of Gary Hamel , the leitmotiv of the Valencia Fintech Conference is the following: What Matters Now?LEARN MORE
For us, five issues are paramount: Foresight, Innovation, Values, Adaptability, and Synergies.
Here is our logic for choosing these topics:
– Foresight Matters: if you don’t know where you are going, you might end up somewhere else. Many companies can manage short-term bursts of high performance, but only a few can sustain it over a longer period.
– Innovation Matters: even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. In a densely connected global economy, successful products and strategies are quickly copied.
– Values Matter: doing right because it is right, not because it pays, needs to be the foundation of business. A sound development of business ethics should not forget an obvious and important consideration: business is about human activity that is carried out by individuals within organizations.
– Adaptability Matters: crazy times call for crazy organizations. In a world of mind-flipping change, what matters is not merely a company’s competitive advantage at a point in time, but its evolutionary advantage over time. An adaptable company requires adaptable minds.
– Synergies Matter: Synergy is the benefit that results when two or more agents work together to achieve something either one couldn’t have achieved on its own. It’s the concept of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. In today’s world, synergies equal to more efficiency, more efficacy, and higher profitability.
[ SPEAKERS ]
Next March 5th-6th, the whole digital finance community will gather in the very heart of Valencia, to exchange on the future of our industry at the first FinTech Conference, Spain, in collaboration with FORINVEST 2019, the most exclusive Spanish event on banking and insurance.
President - BANKIA -
Founder and CEO FintechNews.org
Dean St. John's University
Tech entrepreneur & investor
CEO - OCSIAL Americas
Senocak Selin N.
UNESCO Chair Holder
Juan Manuel Dapcich
CEO "The Tech Valley"
Director, Globe Business College, Munich
Vice Dean of SolBridge International School of Business, Korea
Leng Khim (Lynn) Lim
Professor of Global Consumer Research, Switzerland
Dean, College of Professional Studies at St. John's University
Professor Economics & Finance, New York
Consultant, Motivation Speaker, Dubai
Montse Guardia Guell
General Director, Alastria Blockchain
Founder & CEO at RefineAI, New York
Founder & Startup advisor, New York & London
Vice President, Alastria
Director of Communication, Bankia
Professor of Innovation
Ana García Rodriguez
Partner head at Baker Mckenzie
OCTO - Vice President Mobility
CEO & Non-Executive Director
President at Kunfud
José Ivars Lopez
Director New Business Ria Financial
Founder at Bbooster Ventures
Co-founder Bewater Funds
CEO - Realiza-BA
Founder Vaughan Group
Socia Deloitte Digital
CEO, Silicon Republic
Director, EDEM University Center
[ PROGRAMS ]
The FinTech Conference will be organized in collaboration with FORINVEST. It is the Country’s foremost finance and business event. It’s a combined forum and trade fair that brings together the most extensive offering related to the world of Finance, from Financial Products and Services, Investments and Insurance to Technology-based solutions for the industry. The program includes a comprehensive trade exhibition and an extensive program of educational initiatives.
VIP Speaker and Award Cerimony
An occasion that brings together the leading players in the world of finance, economics, business and the insurance and financial sector for an evening that features an exceptional speaker and the award ceremony for the prestigious Forinvest Awards.
José Ignacio Goirigolzarri, President at Bankia
Foresight Matters: THE FINTECH EVOLUTION
10:45 - 11:15: THE FINTECH EVOLUTION: CONFERENCE AND ROUNDTABLE Moderator: Fran Estevan, CEO y co-fundador de Innsomnia
11.45 – 12.15h. ELEVATOR PITCH – START-UPS
Innovation and Adaptability Matter: CONFERENCE
11:45 – 12:15h. BLOCKCHAIN FOR ALL Montse Guardia-Guell, Alastria General Manager and President of the quantum Blockchain Alliance
Innovation and Adaptability Matter: FINTECH ROUNDTABLE
12.15 – 13.00h. FINTECH ROUNDTABLE - BLOCKCHAIN FOR ALL Moderator: Prof. Dr. Chia-Hsing Huang, SolBridge International School of Business, South Korea. Ismael Arribas. Global Entrepreneur. President - Spanish Chapter in Government Blockchain Association José Ivars Lopez. Director Key Accounts UK Ria Financial - EURONET Juan Manuel Dapcich. General Manager Tech Valley Dr. Alesandr Gevorkyan. Henry George Chair in Economics, St. John’s University. Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. In a densely connected global economy, successful products and strategies are quickly copied.
Valencia Tech City
13.00 – 13.30h. Valencia Tech City
Investors' Time: CaixaBank - DayOne
13:30 – 10:00h.CaixaBank - Day One Day One BigBan Angels Asociación Valenciana de Startups
14:00 - 15:30: Working Lunch. Three categories: 1) Fintech and Insurtech; 2) Agrotech and Foodtech; 3) Biotech and Healthtech
15:30 -16:00. ELEVATOR PITCH – This is the major networking opportunity where attendees can hear about success stories and companies to invest in and make new contacts as well. The pitch is targeted at business owners, entrepreneurs and potential investors in start-ups.
16:00 - 16:30: BStartup. Corporate Venturing. Colaboración Banca-Fintech. Caso BiometricVox e Innocells by Banco Sabadell..
- Angel Buigues Pérez. BStartup
- María Juesas, Strategic Investment Associate, InnoCells.
- Carlos Gavilán, Director de Desarrollo de Negocio, Biometric Vox.
INSURTECH, BIG DATA and AI ROUNDTABLE
16:30 – 17:15h. INNOVATION AND ADAPTABILITY MATTERS: INSURTECH, BIG DATA and AI ROUNDTABLE Moderator:
- Dr. Katia Passerini. Dean, College of Professional Studies, St. John’s University
- Dr. Michael O´Foghlu, Google Munich, Engineering Director, DevOps Code Piller.
- Pedro Diaz Yuste. Digital Health Director Mapfre
- Ana García Rodriguez, Partner head of the FIG Department, Baker and Mckenzie
- Edwin Colella, Vice President, Mobility, Octo Telematics: Telematics for insurances, Shared mobility and Car Sharing·
- Enrique Penichet. Founder&Partner of Bbooster.
Panel 3: Investors
17:15 – 18:00: PANEL N. 3: INVESTORS Moderator:
- Juan Manuel Dapcich. CEO and co-founder at DtechValley.com
- Carlos Serrano. Gerente de Inversiones. Angels Capital.
- Santiago Reyna, CEO&Founder Realiza Bussines Angels.
- Enrique Penichet. Founder&Partner. Sinensis, Dyrecto.
FIVE THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT NANOTECHNOLOGY AND GRAPHENE
Hughes Jacquemin. CEO Ocsial Americas.
- Francesc Fajula. Director Innovación Tecnológica.Banco Sabadell.
- Carlos Mier Sainz. Director de Tarjetas y Negocio Emisor. Bankia.
- Ana García. Directora Área de Derecho Regulatorio Bancario. Baker & McKenzie
Moderator: Lucia Egea. Directora centro Universitario y EDEM digital. Speakers:
- Dr. Susan Walsh., Director, Globe Business College, Munich
- Ann O’Dea. CEO, Silicon Republic, Founder Inspirefest
- Dr. Norean Sharp. Dean, Peter J. Tobin College of Business, St. John’s University
- Mary McKenna. Tech entrepreneur, investor, speaker, blogger
- Manuela Pardo del Val. Vicedecana de Comunicación y Relaciones con la Empresa. Facultat d’Economia de la Universitat de València.
Conference: THE EDUCATION OF TOMORROW´S PROFESSIONALS.
Richard Vaughan, Founder Vaughan Group.
ELEVATOR PITCH – START-UPS This is the major networking opportunity where attendees can hear about success stories and companies to invest in and make new contacts as well. The pitch is targeted at business owners, entrepreneurs and potential investors in start-ups.
Diversity in the Boards
Moderator: Victoria Majadas Morales. Gerente Editorial Prensa Ibérica. Presidenta Big Ban Angels. Speakers:
- Maria Antonia Otelo. Board Member, Unicaja
- Carmen Motellon. Board Member, CECA
- Teresa Alarcos. Board Member, Lukso, SolidQ
- Isabel Gimenez Zuriaga. Directora General FEBF
- Macarena Poletti. Bbooster
- Antonio Brusola. Boardmember
Conference: “The importance of cultural differences in innovation”
Dr. Lynn Lim. Professor of Global Consumer Research, Programme Head, MSc International Management. “The importance of cultural differences in innovation”
PANEL N. 3: ROADS TO INNOVATION
Moderator: Virginia Zafra de Llera, Director Media relations at Bankia Speakers:
- Macarena Estevez. Socia Deloitte Digital.
- Angela Pérez. CEO Imegen. Bioval member.
- David Jimenez Maireles, Country Head Spain, Raisin Gmbh
- Jaime Esteban. Speed Out
- Cristina Aristoy. Cofundadora Singularu
INSTRUMENTOS DE FINANCIACIÓN PARA LA EMPRESA. INSTITUTO DE CRÉDITO OFICIAL.
CLAUSURA “EL BREXIT EN EL ACTUAL CONTEXTO ECONÓMICO”
José Mª Gay de Liébana y Saludas. Académico Numerario de la Real Academia Europea de Doctores, Profesor de la Universidad de BARCELONA, Doctor en Ciencias Económicas. Doctor en Derecho.
[ OUR NEWS ]
See the latest news on www.fintechnews.org